GUIDE TO A RELAXED CHRISTMAS

04:13

Christmas is a festival that transcends religion, as far as I see it. And for good reason. What's not to like about a day filled with fun, family, food, presents? My Christmas memories growing up are these fancy orange-jujup cocktail sticks my aunt would make, plum cakes my father would bring home every single Christmas eve, strolling down a gloriously lit Park Street and the thrill of finding a present under my pillow...

As I have grown up old, my love for Christmas has only multiplied and even though I am away from my family, I have a 10-step plan to make the most of my favourite holiday with loved ones who have become my family in this city.




1. GET INTO THE SPIRIT & DRESS UP!
No, not like a Christmas tree but a little something to add the festive spirit. I've been infusing the Christmas vibe with a red lip here, gold sandals there, with my emerald earrings thrown in the middle. OR go all out and be that girl who rocks a santa cap like a boss. It's christmas after all!

2. DRESS THE SPACE
It ain't Christmas without some green, red and gold! My tree is still under construction and I need to have it up before midnight. I am also yet to put up these amazing golden snowflakes that make me soooo happy! Can't wait to wrap up work and rush home to all this craftiness! 

3. ATTEND MASS
Bandra is home to some of the most beautiful churches in Mumbai. I am hoping to attend a midnight mass at either St. Stanislaus, St. Peter's, St. Andrews or Mount Mary's.

4. BLAST THE CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST
Ho ho ho! Merrry Christmas! It's 25th morning and before I can even think coffee, there will be three things I do: put on my red socks, put on my santa cap, put on my christmas playlist. Somehow and I don't know how, nothing feels like Christmas more than George Michael! 

5. WAKE UP TO A SPECIAL BREAKFAST
Santa is being very kind this year and he is bringing to town my closest friends to stay with me the long weekend. They arrive tomorrow AM and I was giddily excited to come up with a festive breakfast to welcome them.








I am thinking French Toast rolls with cream-cheese & cherry jam filling. It remarkably fits the christmas colour scheme so double yay!

6. WATCH A HOLIDAY MOVIE
At some point in the day (most likely after the festive lunch we are scheming) I will squeeze in a lazy, sprawled-on-the-couch viewing of either of these two holiday movies...I don't know which yet but just to clarify, I have seen both a million times :D



























7. BAKE! 
I was gifted an OTG this October that I have not yet. So with a little help from my visiting bestie, baking will be the last new thing I do before the year ends. So far I am thinking salted caramel cookies but I could be persuaded otherwise. Yesterday I stumbled upon Cup of Jo's chocolate recipes and now my mind is running wild!

8. BE MY OWN SANTA
So Santa doesn't cater to adults...but I am not one to deny myself a good holiday present. I already bought me my christmas pressie and I am in LOVE! Say hi to the newest member of my modest window-sill garden. Isn't she a beauty?

9. SLOW DOWN AND SOAK IT ALL IN
Apparently Mumbai is seeing one of it's coldest winters in a decade, which is perfect for some blanket snuggles, sipping my awesome hot chocolate (yeah, no modesty about my culinary triumphs #sorrynotsorry), nibbling on the aforementioned cookies and enjoying a round or many of Taboo, UNO or Monopoly Deal. #bliss

10. PLAY SANTA
Apart from the obligatory office secret-santa, I haven't gifted anyone for Christmas in years.  So this year I plan to buy a present for someone I love or someone in need. Or maybe both!

Thank you for spending this time here and I wish you and your loved ones a very happy christmas!







You Might Also Like

2 comments

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.