LIFE | Going Solo

05:28


Its such a pity that so many of us are quiet freaked by the idea of being by themselves; rather, spending time with themselves. I don't know how being by yourself got such a bad rep! She who never needs a teeny bit of alone time just to pause or work thought bubbles, I salute. Me, on the other hand hanker for some me-time every now and then and get quiet cranky if not allowed, so if you know me, it is wise to just let me be. I promise you, its not about you.  

Over the years I have been carving out some rituals that allow me this tiny break every once in a while. Whether it is to watch that movie no one else wants to or just sit in a cafe and  jot down some thoughts or read a book... But my all time favorite ritual is bus rides! Drifting off in thought as thick as the traffic, is my ultimate favorite. No one but me and a moving bus! Which gets me to my ultimate pet-peeve: chatty co-passengers while sharing a ride. Shush you! Its me time. Its sacred. 

Alas, no one gets it.

But I just outdid myself in this department by taking a weekend trip, with me!

OK, I'll confess it wasn't intended that way. The boy and me have a penchant for quibbling right before every trip and we kept with tradition. Hah!

So after moping through all of Saturday, I woke up Sunday morning all huffy and gruffy and decided, sod this! I am making this trip by myself. So what if I can't sleep alone in my loud city apartment...let alone in a quaint cottage surrounded by forest atop a hill! I'll be fine.

And fine, I was! Better than fine. Way, way better.

BREAKFAST WITH A VIEW
THE PERFECT READING SPOT
READING WITHOUT INTERUPTIONS


I would love to know if any of you have you done anything like this. Do you think its weird and pitiful? How do you manage to snag some alone time?

Hope you had a terrific weekend.

Love
S

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Cute little blog you have here !

    great post

    I have followed would mean so much if you followed backJadiee'sLittleBlog

    have a nice day
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jade! So glad you stumbled upon my tiny little mouthpiece on this humongous web jungle. I LOVE your blogs logo! So stylish! And the green top you covered! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.