FITNESS | BUT ITS RAINING!

12:39

When I had spoken about the usual excuses we make to get out of working out, the one I have genuine empathy for is, "But it's raining...!" 

I mean just look at this...


In a city where monsoon can last upto 6 months, "but its raining" can knock you off your fitness game for a long time. But, that doesn't mean I disagree that rain is a bloody nuisance and motivation killer, as far as exercising is concerned. I won't lie that I did not whale-out (its a real thing. I invented it)  for most part of the day. I mean, come on!


But then, guilt struck. Two consecutive days of missing workout and an entire day of whale-ing (wherein you very productively lie around at home all day contemplating the meaning of life)  was enough for me to get up and take to Pinterest in search of some at-home workout inspiration. I found this really easy Tabata set and I LOVED it. | On a separate note, does Pinterest ever disappoint n delivering inspiration? NEVER! | So, anyway..


It took me about 15 minutes to complete 3 sets with no rest between the first two sets and a minute's rest between set 2 & 3. The exercises are pretty basic but it got my heart pumping and the blood rushing. I feel 3-4 more repetitions followed by a 60-90 secs forearm plank would be a good lazy-day/ busy-day at-home workout. 

It may not be a grueling set, but sometimes when motivations are low or obstructions are high, a little effort goes a long way in keeping morale in check.  

For those not familiar with the exercises, here is some help courtesy YouTube channels of fitnessblender, howcast and popsugar fitness

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.