BEAUTY | LAZIEST DIY EVER = LIP SCRUB

01:28

It's Wednesday night. It's been a long, dull day. All I am looking forward to is getting home, putting on sweats and vegging out in front of the telly to recoup.

Not much to ask from life, right?

WRONG!

Just when you give telly the importance of making a genuine contribution to your life, it will surely, most certainly, disappoint. Here's looking at you HBO playing Shaolin Soccer for the 999th time this month!

Now what is a girl supposed to do to kill time and extract some joy from dull day? Why, make a lip scrub of course!




My late in life lipstick euphoria is because I am blessed with dark pigmented lips. Now, for almost 25 years, my lazy ass couldn't be bothered to care (for it or about it). But as age is catching up, random whims are surfacing. Lip care being the latest. 

It started with me discovering apple cider vinegar a couple of years ago and dabbing my pout with it every night until, lo and behold, the blackness started to wane! 

Moral : Want change? Make it happen. My lazy ass sighs.

I have wanted to try a lip scrub for a while but didn't really want to buy one. I've read that its a marketing hoax and all you need is a toothbrush to do the job. I have tried it and let me tell you, its a lie! Toothbrush, no matter how gentle I am always leaves me with burning, scraped skin that bruises. 

So anyway, last night, when I forced myself to settle my pantry, the first thing I looked at was this packet of raw sugar and EUREKA moment happened! 
(Note: pantry never saw any settling)



All the ingredients I used were found in my cupboard:

                                                                        Raw Sugar 
Honey

Coconut Oil

Cinnamon Powder 

I found a premixed jar of cinnamon-sugar, I had made for sprinkling on top of french toasts, so I just used that.
  • How to make Cinnamon Sugar > Add cinnamon powder to jar of raw sugar  > close lid > shake
  • How to make Cinnamon Powder for 1/10th the price of store-bought>  Buy a pack of cinnamon sticks from any general store and blitz it in  the small jar of your mixer grinder. 
Its DIY level 0, this scrub.  All I did was...
                                             

Take 3 spoons of the cinnamon sugar 
Add 1 spoon of the raw sugar
1 spoon coconut oil and 
1 spoon honey. 
Mix (not too much or the sugar will melt) 
and TADA!


I used a small ice-cream spoon instead of a teaspoon. I didn't want to end up with a lot of this stuff which would then go to waste. I stored it in a small, plastic, salad-dressing jar that comes with Subway, Paninaro etc. 

The raw sugar is very fine therefore very gently abrasive. The honey and coconut oil was super softening. The cinnamon made the whole thing fancy and yummy. And bonus, it was edible! I did smack my lips off once I was done. I am not ashamed.

I followed it up with my Forrest Essentials Sugared Rose Petal Lip Balm which was my birthday present to myself and I love it. The product as well as the packaging. 
(Actually, I like the packaging more. See how pretty!)


I'd be shocked if I actually manage to make a routine of this, but a girl can dream, can't she?


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.