QUICK N EASY RECIPES | SESAME- PEANUT SOBA NOODLES

03:51



In life, if there is one thing that never fails to cheer me up, that's food.

I love eating.
I love talking about it (say Sushi and see me swoon, I kid you not)
& I love cooking.

But more than that, I love cooking for my lovelies.

Few weeks ago, a dear friend was in town and in between incessant girly gabbing, very competitive games of Monopoly Deal and chugging beer and garlic wafers, I whipped up a batch of these super easy & super delish (not bragging; the girls said so I promise!) soba noodles with sesame and peanut butter.

When I say easy, I mean you can cook it in a state of moderate inebriation (wink wink :D ).

Honestly, the only cooking this recipe needs is the noodle. And it takes no more that 7-9 minutes.
Does it get any easier?


Here's the how-to if you'd like to give 'em a go...




You'll need:

A packet of whole-wheat soba noodles. 
I used a brand called Red Dragon from a local KB's store

I think everyone should keep a packet of these noodles for midnight hunger fixes. So much healthier than a packet of instant noodles! I digress.

2 tbsp of creamy peanut butter

Half a cup dark soy sauce 
 I prefer the sweeter japanese kind, like Kikoman

Generous dollop of sesame oil
Really really important for the flavour. A bottle goes a long way.

Chopped spring onions,
Minced garlic
Bean sprouts

DICLAIMER: I'm no Martha Stewart. I generally eyeball the quantities and go with the flow. It usually turns out OK. All this is to just say,  I'm not great with measurements. Pardon me for that.

Now the cooking part. 

Here goes.

1) Get water to boil in a large pot with a dash of salt and a splosh of oil (see what I mean about measurements...), Once it reaches boiling point, launch the noodles. These take about 7-9 minutes to cook. Keep them al dente / firm or they'll go mush in the sauce. Once boiled, strain and put it in the mixing bow

2) While noodle is boiling, take the peanut butter and soy sauce in a bowl and mix it with a fork. I later discovered a dash of sesame oil will help it emulsify nicely. One first try it didnt quiet get creamy but no grudge. It all comes together beautifully later

3) Once you got the cooked noodles in the mixing bowl its pretty much assembly job from there. Pour the dressing- mix it through with a fork. Then add the onions & garlic. Another mix and let it sit for 5/10 minutes depending hunger level. While sitting, the residual noodle heat soften the onions and garlic. It now smells so yummy that you just want to attack. 


So attack already! Serve yourself a good portion, sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on top. Be generous. And there you have it.


I must admit that this photo was a total after thought. We attacked our first bowl like hounds!

Next time I'll meat it up with some chicken, fish or even fried tofu. But for now, I'm craving me a bowl already.

I'd love to know if you gave it a go and how it turned out.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.