HOME DECOR | STYLING MY FIRST APARTMENT

07:20

Yesterday is going down in history. 
In Facebook language, it will commemorate a major Life Event

From this year onwards, 21st July shall be known as the day I bought my first furniture = a bed.




No wait.

A sofa cum bed!

#living alone issues.

10 years of living away from home has taught me to adjust to the lack of various facilities. A proper bed being one of them. Moving around as a hostelite to  paying guest to a tenant with three flatmates, I slept on alternates like sofas, folding cots, mattress piles... And for someone who moves this much, buying furniture was never even a thought. (The only furniture I have owned all these years was a second hand steel almirah. I finally parted with its rusty remains, this summer)

But now that I am starting to fall in love with my controversial little pad, it is slowly turning from a crash pad to my private little sanctuary, that I am happy to enter at the end of a long day. There couldn't be a better time to rectify this bed situation. 

Truth be told, it started from a major pissing off factor. My current makeshift bed (mattress stack) is conducive for both sleeping and sitting. Which means I sleep, read, talk, watch TV, sometimes eat all on my BED! I was hate, hate, hating it. Often, my Saturdays would be spent in the horizontal and it is the absolute worse. Basically I needed two solutions with no space to accommodate both.

Enter, my new acquisition. 



Procured from OLX, it is an antique, solid teak-wood piece in fantastic condition AND added bonus, it comes with storage at the bottom. Cannot wait to get rid of those pillows lying around all the bloody time!
Up ahead lies the crucial task of reupholstering said sofa, which means I need to answer the million dollar question...colour!

Thanks to Pinterest, inspiration is abound and thriving!


The walls in my place are *whitey-white-white* therefore I have been adding splashes of colour via upholstery and decoratives.

This yellow sofa is such a beauty but I wonder if it will be a little overwhelming for my tiny space
In its current form my room looks somewhat like this one below, replete with a stark white gallery wall.
While I am digging the minimal & pristine look, a white sofa seems a little too dull for my happiness. And who am I kidding about maintaining it! 
Maybe I'll throw caution to the wind and go in this direction...
I absolutely LOVE the bold braveheart who owns this piece.

While I am not thinking grey, I have my eye on the circular wall-hanging thing. My gallery wall has a spot open and I want something other than framed art. DIY project?

I cannot wait to put the finishing touches to the space before showing it off. 

Sneak peek...my favourite side of the wall :D


Would LOVE to hear if you have any suggestions...

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thank you Ira for your kind comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog thanks for the information. You can also find iron tawa for dosa Online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed material. Fantastic read.. Best Leather sofas service provider.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.