SELF | 10 THINGS I DON'T KNOW BUT WISH I DID

05:12

A major side effect of blogging in my experience is the involuntary, hyper activity in my brain. I am sometimes deeply troubled by this narcissistic documentation of my humble life (is it shallow? am I shallow? etc) but at the same time, ever since I have started writing here, I am suddenly more actively thinking about who I really am; what makes me, me? One such recent musing was, if there is one new thing I could do, what would it be? One thing led to ten, and here we have a specimen of my hyper active brain !


SCULPTING
No part of my brain is remotely capable of imagining how, how, HOW that veil has been sculpted. How does one look at a rock (or marble; sometimes mountain) and envision something as magnificent as this! If there is a single art form I want to understand, experience and master (wishful thinking!) it is sculpting. No contest.

BALLET
Close second to sculpting is ballet. I have no idea how I  got my fascination for ballet considering it is not one of the most publicized popularized art forms in this country. I remember walking around on releve as a kid but only at 26 did I take my first ballet lesson. My dream is to watch a live Swan Lake or Jewels at Lincoln Centre but bigger dream is to be able to master even a teeny tiny bit of performing in this life. Seen above is my favourite ballerina, NYCB Principal Sara Mearns. This girl is sassy, passionate and downright sexy!

I mean, just look at her!
FENCING
Again, no idea why or how the interest. But I just HAVE TO try it out atleast once in this life.

GOLF
I'm just gonna say it out loud.  I. Just. Don't. Get. This. Sport. Fearing severe judgement, all I'm gonna say is, I like me some adrenaline while sporting. Some rrrrrrrrr... #justmyopinion


ELECTRIC GUITAR
From the age of 10 till yesterday, every single time I heard / hear this song, I imagine myself playing the lead...on stage...with my own band... Don't judge me OK. I was 10. I thought my whole life was ahead of me to do anything I wanted. Turns out, I can do many things. Except this.

 CARPENTRY
So that I can make this  awesome lighting marquee! I LOVE each and every project of  I SPY DIY
puts up but this one I've had my heart on for years


HOW TO CUT THEM EFFING WINE BOTTLES!
I knoooowwwww there are 4444 DIY ideas on Pinterest on this subject but let me tell you I am yet to find one that actually works (or make one work)  or doesn't make me fear serious injury

POOL
In my tweens, playing pool was rad! And being asked on a pool date was the height of coolness. Therefore, fellow girls and boys made it their life's mission to ace the game. Basically everyone from my generation in my city, except me. Even today (actually, last week) I just don't seem to be able to grasp how to keep the damn cue stick stable! I also don't understand how to hit them balls goddamn harder!
P.S. I have never been  on a pool date :(


LIGHTING
My profession allows me exposure to a fair amount of both film and print shooting and I am always mesmerised by the science that goes behind lighting a set. On a recent project (seen above) we were able to create an outdoor, marketplace ambience with bright sunshine inside a studio with just the help of lights! I wish I could share the final photograph here but trust me, I was stunned when I saw how differently the set got captured on camera. So magical! 

I am starting to grow more aware of the kind of photographs I take, thanks to this blog. I should get
deeper into this going forward.


LASTLY
How to filter the thoughts in my head and corresponding words that come out of my mouth. Yes, very embarrassingly, I am one of those people. Its amazing the kind of stuff I actually say out loud and get away with. I am in constant fear of hurting someone with the unfiltered content and that'll be the day I go mute. 


If you could do that one thing, what would it be? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.