LIFE | BEST GUIDED MEDITATION

05:55



I am deeply humoured by this video not just for the boyish crudeness but because it adds the much needed lightness to the complex monstrosity some people are making meditation out to be these days. I have tried many a guided meditations only to either get annoyed mid way or crack up. It was good to laugh and remember that meditation is supposed to destress you. Not the other way around.

But for times when I try to meditate seriously, I go to Calm. Its a wonderful and free app available on Play Store.



I absolutely love the app interface. It is clean, beautiful and simple to navigate.



The audio options available are simply beautiful. Non interfering and soothing, these sounds are probably my favouritest feature of the app. For the longest time I was using the app as a sound machine of sorts. I would put it on a 10 minute timer and keep the phone next to my pillow listening to Rain on Leaves while I drift off.

Currently, I am listening to Into the Horizon which is a slightly advanced audio with mild chanting in the background. It is a deeply soothing and calming, even if you don't chant along.

The app offers three kinds of meditation options.

1> Preset programs to follow daily. I have passed on this because I am simply unable to commit to it daily and entirely unable to focus for 10 minutes at a stretch. I picture my thoughts going somewhat like this in my brain the moment I sit to meditate...


I am serious, this is exactly how I feel. No jokes. I have just gotta try harder.


2 > There is the guided meditation section and I am yet to get to these. I feel these guided meditations are more advanced and require a stronger mind to follow along the instructions. 



3> I am a total kindergartener when it comes to meditation. My babystep is to try and control my thoughts for 5 minutes at a time, without anyone jabbering in the background. I also love that they have the option of as little as 1,2,3 minutes. For someone who is starting out, trying to focus for 30 minutes straightaway is pretty unreasonable I think. 


The app keeps a tab of how much time I have clocked on the profile. As you can see, mine is pretty appalling. But I'm trying. And I'd be dishonest if I didn't mention that the mornings when I manage to clock 5 minutes of Calm, the energy is definitely different than the other days.




Do drop a line on your experience, if you try the app.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i have this but never use it - i need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog thanks for the information. You can also find tawa iron Online.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.